1. BridgeHit is dedicated to the play of the game of bridge. It is therefore not related to any betting activities in any way and players can win prizes based only on their skill in playing bridge.
2. BridgeHit aims to provide an unparalleled playing atmosphere. BridgeHit cannot be held responsible, however, for any breach in service due to technical or other unforeseen problems, even though all efforts will be invested to solve such problems in a timely and effective manner. See our Disclaimer for more information.
3. As players are using the site and its client on their own free will, BridgeHit cannot be held liable for any damages occurring through the use or the lack of use of the BridgeHit site or client. See our Disclaimer for more information.
4. Play and scoring on BridgeHit is subject to the rules of the World Bridge federation in their part for individual tournaments.
5. Users of the BridgeHit client and website agree to follow the accepted bridge etiquette and treat other players with respect and politeness. Users who do not adhere to these rules may be subject to removal (see point 7).
6. In case players select to receive the prizes they have won in Euro instead of in boards, PayPal or bank transfers will be made by BridgeHit within 10 working days of the request date. BridgeHit is not responsible for any additional taxes or fees incurred by the players when receiving the prize funds. Players are responsible for providing accurate payment information for the payment of prizes. BridgeHit is not responsible for delay in arrival in payments caused by incorrect information or the payment institutions.
7. BridgeHit explicitly reserves the right to remove any user who is behaving inappropriately during play of the game (including psyche bids, gross transgressions from the selected bidding system, surrendering of tricks or other practices that are forbidden by BridgeHit or are not typical for the game of bridge). Users can also be removed for inappropriate language on the BridgeHit Forum or for trying to cheat during game. In case of removal the remaining boards of the removed user will be recalculating in Euro according to the current board price at the day of removal, and will be paid to the removed user in the normal payment methods of PayPal or bank transfer.
8. Cheating and collusion during play in all its forms is explicitly prohibited on BridgeHit. Even though the play on the BridgeHit client is organized in such a way as to avoid any possible collusion, BridgeHit reserves the right to monitor server activities and use all possible technical means to prevent cheating and collusion.
9. BridgeHit guarantees the integrity of all data provided by the users on the site and the client, and declares that no user data will be transmitted to any third party for any reason without the explicit consent of the user. Exceptions will be done only for data necessary for the normal functioning of the site and the client (e.g. payment details will be used to transmit prize money). Please see our Security policy for more details.
10. Ranking and winning of prize money will be done based on results calculations as per the rules of the World Bridge Federation. In exceptional cases (cheating allegations, technical errors, etc.) BridgeHit reserves the right to change the results and the ranking and the corresponding prize money for the given day. This will be communicated to all affected parties and on the home page of the site.
11. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
13. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by BridgeHit and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of BridgeHit. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, BridgeHit takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of BridgeHit- © BridgeHit 2009. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
• you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
BridgeHit is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BridgeHit may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from December 22nd 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• bank data in order to be able to transfer prize funds (optional).
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Returns and Cancellations policy
1. Users can choose to cancel their registration on BridgeHit at any time without giving a particular reason for this.
3. BridgeHit may contact users who have cancelled their accounts only if they have not explicitly demanded that their contact and user data is deleted from the system.